The Department of Surgery comprises of several specialities:
- General Surgery: consists of various subspecialities including surgery of the colon and rectum, the osesophagus and stomach, liver, pancreas and biliary tree, vascular system and breast and endocrine.
- Paediatric Surgery including neonatal surgery and treating congenital bladder and anorectal disorders.
- Neurosurgery: including minimally invasive procedures and stereotactic surgery.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery including coronary bypass surgery and treatment of congenital cardiac disorders.
- Plastic Surgery including major head and neck procedures and reconstruction of the breast post mastectomy.
- Urology including urinary stone treatment and renal transplantation.