Primary Care Medicine
The Department of Primary Care Medicine is one of the academic departments of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya. It is also a clinical department situated at the University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC).
The Department of Primary Care Medicine was established in 1987. It has 3 main functions: academic, clinical service and research.
Clinical Unit of Primary Care Medicine runs a general outpatient clinic at the Primary Care Building. The clinics are situated at the ground floor, General Clinic (Klinik Am) and first floor, Family Practice Clinic (Klinik Keluarga) while the department office is situated on the second floor of the building.
At present, the department has 16 Academic Staff (4 professors, 3 associate professors, 6 senior lecturers, 3 lecturer), 4 trainee lecturers and 6 support staff.
Vision and Mission
The vision of the department of Primary Care Medicine is to become an institution of excellence that provides leadership in activities for education, training, research and provision of service in the domain of primary care medicine.
The Mission of the Department are:
- To equip medical students at the undergraduate level basic knowledge and skills of primary care medicine so that they can operate in the national health care service system effectively and efficiently as a Medical Doctor
- To train doctors to become specialists in the field of Family Medicine at postgraduate level.
- To provide excellent clinical service and patient care at primary care level.
- To conduct primary care research with collaboration nationally and internationally.
- To provide Continuing Medical Education to doctor through various courses and conferences.
Head of Department
Department of Primary Care Medicine
Faculty of Medicine
Phone : 03-7949 2802 (Office)
Email : email@example.com