The Computer Lab has about 85 computers, services the students and other users in the Faculty of Medicine & University of Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC). The Computer Lab is also used for teaching students and staff in the Faculty of Medicine & UMMC on Information Technology and other related courses. All the computers in the lab are accessible to the internet and are linked to the printers on network. The lab is also used by the students for on-line registration for courses in the Faculty of Medicine.
The users of the computer lab are provided with access cards as the computer lab is secured with a security system together with CCTV and alarm system.
The MD Lab 1 views its mission as being charged with the responsibility in the provision of:
- Facilities for home based of operations, safe and efficient working environment to students .
- Best logistic support for all the practical classes .
- Fully equip computer laboratory facilities for students .
- Provide teaching facilities from control room to the student labs via Audio-Video Bi-directional system for Medical Stage 1 students .
- Maintaining a close rapport with the academic departments that make use of the facilities and giving support services .
Student lab with audio-video bi-directional system
Discussion in the lab
Lecturer at microscope giving briefing on histology slide which can broadcast up to 10 laboratories using the audio-video bi-directional system in the control room
Students listening to briefing via system prior to viewing slides using their own microscopes & slide sets
Monday – Friday 8.30 am to 11.45 pm
Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
The Computer Lab occupies the Ground Floor of the new building (Block D) of the Faculty of Medicine.
Contact Tel: no. – Server Room Computer Lab : 79676633
|2||9-11 June 2009||Hands -on workshop on Basic SPSS Skllls & using SPSS for Data Analysis In Medical Research|
|3||8-10 June 2009||Mycology workshop on Laboratory Methods 2009|
|4||11-Sep-09||Bengkel Latihan Pangkalan Data OVID|
|5||4-6 nov 2009||HIV Research- Basic Courses for Community|