MULTI-DISCIPLINE 2 (MD2)
Multi-discipline Laboratory 2 commonly known as MD Lab 2 is one of the central facilities of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya. Multi-discipline Laboratory 2 was planned for the teaching of Stage 2 pre-clinical disciplines of Microbiology, Pharmacology, Parasitology and Pathology. It serves various purposes which include wet and dry laboratory practical, tutorials, self-directed learning stations and examinations as well as for tutorial and self-learning.
It was planned to provide the students with a home base of operations of individual personal study and laboratory work area. Each student is equipped with a binocular compound microscope besides the usual laboratory equipment.
At present the unit has 10 Labs in the (Block M & H) used by the Medical Stage 2 Students. MD2 lab also provides facilities for Parasitology, Pathology and Microbiology Master programs.
Head of Unit
Ew Cheng Lan
Senior Medical Laboratory
Lee Soh Kien
Juruteknologi Makmal Perubatan
The MD Lab 2 views its mission as being charged with the responsibility in the provision of:
- Facilities for home based of operations, safe and efficient working environment to students .
- Best logistic support for all the practical classes .
- Fully equip computer laboratory facilities for students .
- Provide teaching facilities that required by teaching staff .
- Maintaining a close rapport with the academic departments that make use of the facilities and giving support services .
- Provide Image capture system for microscope slide study
- Discussion or group study
- Examination space
- Seminar and talk programs
Monday – Friday 8.30 am to 5.30 pm
Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday