The services provided by the EM Unit include:
- Preparation of transmission electron microscopy samples (TEM).
- Preparation of semithin and ultrathin tissue sections
- Positive and negative staining
- Viewing samples using TEM and image capture
- Preparation of scanning electron microscopy (SEM) samples.
- Critical Point Dryer
- Sputter Coater (Gold /Carbon with Thickness Monitor)
- SEM Freeze Dryer
Booking for Electron Microscope Viewing:
Booking can be made for a minimum duration of 30 minutes.
|Viewing session (Monday – Friday):|
|Morning session||09.00 am – 12.30 noon|
|Afternoon session||02.30 pm – 04.30 pm|
HOW TO OBTAIN THE FACILITIES/SERVICES:
Contact Person :
Zubaidah Abu Hassan
Tel No : 03-79492610
Fax No : 03-79677563
APPLICATION FORM :
Registration is required in order to use any of the facilities provided. An application form can be obtained from the EM Unit.
TRAINING AND SEMINARS :
The EM Unit offers EM Laboratory technical training, from sample preparation to usage of the electron microscope. A nominal sum is charged for the training and use of the various instruments and consumables