Scope of research involves clinical aspect of behavioral, pharmacological, pharmacogenetic, epidemiological and psychosocial studies. This is involving the clinical therapeutics research on methadone, buprenorphene, atypical antipsychotics, antidepressants and psychosocial intervention studies related to substance field. Apart from our own investigator iniated research, we also participate in industrial related research activities in collaboration with major pharmaceutical companies. Reseach activities include:
• Interdisciplinary/ multidisciplinary : medical, psychiatry, infectious disease
• Local and international organizations :
– Ministry of Health, Yale University, King’s College London
Government and NGO’s:
– Agensi Anti-Dadah Kebangsaan ( AADK), Pusat Serenti, Jabatan Penjara Malaysia, Malaysian AIDS Council( MAC),etc.
- Prevalence and pattern of substance use among inmates receiving treatment in Pusat Serenti, Malaysia.
- Outcome of substance use and symptomatology among schizophrenic patients with comorbid stimulant dependence treated with partial dopamine agonist in UMMC, K.L.
- Depression and anxiety disorders among heroin dependence receiving Buprenorphine maintenance therapy in a community based drug rehabilitation (PROKIM, Malaysia, K.L).
- Attitude and practice of drug substitution therapy and harm reduction strategy among clients seeking treatment in drug rehabilitation centers in Malaysia.
- Psychiatric and medical comorbidities among drug users on the street of Kuala Lumpur.
- Psychiatric morbidity and characteristics of clients seeking treatment for ‘daun ketum’ in Alor Star district, Kedah.
- Outcomes of Methadone Maintenance Therapy versus standard care treatment among drug dependence inmates release from SERENTI centers.
- Pilot study on methadone maintenance therapy in Prison, Malaysia.