Mission & Vision
The University of Malaya Faculty of Medicine core activities include teaching, research and clinical services. For us to be recognised internationally for medical education and health care as well as for excellence and innovation in research, the Faculty and staffs are bounded by the Vision, Mission and the Quality Policy of the Faculty.
Centre of Excellence in Medicine
To become a Premier Medical Centre that is world renown and to provide excellent Health Care, Education and Research Programmes delivered with efficiency, sensitivity and enthusiasm
We the staff of Faculty of Medicine, through Continuous improvement are committed to provide the highest quality in education, health care, research and administration.We shall adopt a Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure all activities are carried out efficiently and effectively.
Graduates of the University of Malaya will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in their field of study, appropriate research and professional practices, and the processes of critical thinking, creative thinking, and problem solving.
- Use effective methods including contemporary technology to manage information, to achieve diverse professional goals aligned with professional standards and make decisions based on appropriate data and information.
- Engage in continuous self-improvement and professional growth, support the professional development of others, and display positive leadership and professional behaviours and disposition for effective practice.
- Communicate effectively with other professionals, and the community, and project a coherent vision of social responsibilities.
- Appreciate and continue to be guided by the University’s core values of integrity, respect, academic freedom, open-mindedness, accountability, professionalism, meritocracy, teamwork, creativity and social responsibility.